Monday 6 February 2012

More Nursery Knitting

The last of my currently completed baby knits is this apple green cabled cardigan - another pattern from King Cole's Nursery Knitting. So, who wants to see some more of the finest early 90s baby fashion?


There's a definite tendency towards pastel and wicker-based styling, but there are some great classic knits in there, including this page of booties and bonnets. I've had a go at the pink booties and the pom-pom slippers already, but the little pixie blue bonnet is definitely on my to-do list.

I've got a soft spot for this cable jumper, although the arms could be a little longer. The matinee jackets are sweet - especially the apricot one - but more suited to a girl, so I'll have to wait until Wingnut reveals his/her true identity before I get carried away.



Last, but certainly not least, there are also some more, shall we say, "interesting" numbers - such as this really rather special head-to-toe fair-isle outfit. Well, at least baby is pleased about it - yoo-hoo, here I am!

(ps - I'm secretly a little bit in love with these leggings!)

2 comments:

  1. Aww I love the little sweaters. Baby clothes are too cute.

    http://heatherfrostx.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Loulabelle,
    Just found your blog and enjoying reading.
    I have that pattern book, :-) It's fun to put your own spin on the old patterns, (I have loads of vintage 1960's pattern as well)
    The leggings you are a little bit in love with would be fab knitted in pure wool and used as longies over cloth nappies.
    Lesley
    :-)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails