Tuesday 21 February 2012

Bed Cape Triumph!

... now there's a collection of words I never thought I'd write.



The latest result of uber powerful nesting hormones is this shrug, intended to make impending night-time feeds feel warmer and more glamourous. Based on a 60s "Bed Cape" pattern (how wonderful to be in bed with a cape!) from the The Vintage Knitting Lady, I swapped the very basic garter stitch design to the diagonal lace effect from a snood pattern on the Mollie Makes blog.


This is the first thing I've knitted for myself that turned out as well as I'd hoped it would. Adding to the general sense of satisfaction, it only took a ball and a half of budget yarn, so was really cheap - easily under a fiver - and it uses size 9mm needles so was also quick to make. I think this will end up becoming my "In-and-Out-of-Bed Cape"!


1 comment:

  1. Oh you are clever! I need a bed cape too eventually - hell i think we all do but especially nursing mummies!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails