Friday 10 February 2012

Dressing up

I've been making so much new-baby stuff for Wingnut lately, that it was about time our big-girl had a look-in. A quick rummage through the vintage pattern collection, and a couple of evenings later....  here are the results.



This 60s fabric makes me very happy. It was bought at a vintage fair from a lovely lady who'd had it in her caravan. I wasn't sure if the Peter Pan collar would meet with 2 yr old approval, but I just about got away with it - thanks to the giant flowers everywhere else!


I've had this Ikea fabric knocking around for ages. The dress was super-quick to make and I'm pretty proud that I sucessfully managed to adjust the pattern from a size 6 to a size 2. Freya told everyone at nursery that "Mummy made it", so I'm taking that as appreciation.

1 comment:

  1. I'm always in awe of your dress making skills - your little girl looks beautiful!!

    I can only make simple smock style dresses for Flo but I really should try to graduate onto something a bit different. can you recommend a pattern for a beginner (or do you sell one in the shop??)

    Thanks x

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails