Monday 13 August 2012

Dungaree delight

These vintage dungarees were one of my favourite pre-Esther nesting-frenzy finds. 10p from a charity shop (seriously, nearly nothing is 10p anymore) and what's not to love about brown and orange towelling. She looks like the cutest little fraggle in them - and an absorbant one at that.


So, I decided to have a go at making a second set from an old purple sweater and some scraps of jersey I had lying around. They were completed Thursday night/early Friday morning in a mad I-really-really-should-go-to-bed-right-now kind of rush, so the finish is pretty horrendous.  But if you just don't look at the inside, then they turned out okay! I used the ribbing at the bottom of the sweater as the trouser cuffs -  I overestimated the length, but actually it worked out well as I like how they look with the rib cuff rolled up.


 Essie seems pretty happy with them...

  

With a few extra tweaks (introducing a facing, adding a proper cuff, changing the fastening) these might turn into a new pattern for the shop.

1 comment:

  1. You are a genius - have I mentioned this before? Will look out for the pattern in the shop.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails