Tuesday 11 January 2011

Wavy baby blanket

Just catching up on some of the projects I didn't post about before Christmas. Here is the completed secret project I posted about here.

It's intended owner was born in early December and has hopefully been keeping nice and warm througout the snowy weather in his snuggly and very bright pram blanket. It's the first time I've tried a wave pattern in crochet and was surprised at how simple it was. I'd definitely recommend it!

I used a treble wave pattern that requires a foundation chain of multiples of 14 plus 3.

First row: (RS) 2 tr into 4th ch from hook, 1tr into each of next 3 chs [tr3tog over next 3 chs] twice, 1tr into each of next 3 chs, *3tr into each of next 2 chs, 1tr into each of next 3chs, [tr3tog over next 3 chs] twice, 1tr into each of next 3chs; rep from * to last ch, 3tr into last ch, turn.

Following rows: Ch 3, 2tr into first tr, 1tr into each of next 3 tr, tr3tog twice, 1tr into each of next 3 tr, *3tr into each of next 2 tr, 1tr into each of next 3tr, tr3tog twice, 1tr into each of next 3tr; rep from * to turning ch, 3tr into 3rd of ch-3, turn.

Repeat for length required.

1 comment:

  1. Stunning! I really want to learn to crochet so I can make pretty things like that :-)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails