The first session was focused on mosaic and after I've finished the grouting Friday, our bathroom shall soon display my debut mosaic flowerpot - the first of a new series of crafted "heirlooms" as Paul rather cheekily put it.
This week we are looking at decoupage and I've been thinking about what I want to acheive. I've decided I would like to have a go at beautifying my make-shift... sorry, "up-cycled" cake tin which is actually a chocolate tin leftover from Christmas. Here's the Before photo, complete with chocolate cake:
I've been searching online for inspiration and have found some really cool vintage cake tins/carriers. Now I want them all!
- Vintage Art Deco Style Fruit Cake Tin by JollyPollyPickins
- Take the Cake in Style Vintage Cute Peach and Green Floral Tin Cake Carrier by jenscloset
- Mid Century Cake Tin by avantgarage
- Shabby Chic Yellow Plaid and Floral Vintage Cake Tin Pan Carry Box by thodge62
- Vintage Cake Carrier by claireferrante
- Cupcake Cake Carrier by theButterDish
- Cake Carrier by kitchencupboard
- Vintage Sunflower Cake Carrier by PatinaVintage