So here's my quick guide to making a terrarium. It's all very obvious really!
- Catcus & succulent compost
- Gravel - finding this was the tricky bit! I took the girls to our local aquarium one rainy afternoon and bought aqua gravel for fish tanks.
- selection of succulents and cacti (none of those I bought cost more than £1.99)
- An open or closed glass container - large kilner jars work well
- Small handed helpers (optional)
Step 1: Spoon the compost into the jar - you can also put a layer of gravel and charcoal at the bottom first for extra drainage if you are using plants that need more water than cacti
Step 2: Position your plants, starting with the largest. Settle them in nicely with a little more compost.
Step 3: Spoon a little gravel over the potting soil. You can stop here, or if your helpers have happened to gather moss for you...
Step 4: Add a little moss, spritz with a little water, and your gorgeous terrarium is now complete!