Friday 30 March 2012

One pattern three ways

I made these two tops and dress a little while ago, but have only just managed to get photos of all three from my sometimes-reluctant model. The pattern is McCalls M6388 - pretty simple, but be warned - there's lots of gathering involved in the dress, particularly if you go for the long sleeves version. I saved up an episode of Mildred Pierce and pinned the gathers in one big batch while thanking the heavens that my daughter is not a Veda (well, not yet anyway!).

Version 1: the short sleeved top

 Version 2: long sleeved vintage fabric top with pockets

Version 3: the dress - perfect for eating cake with Daddy

The pattern also includes a really quick and easy pair of leggings, which I'd definitely recommend - you can see one of the pairs I've made just peeking out in the photo above. They turn out beautifully - I just added an extra couple of inches to the length.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails