Sunday 10 October 2010

The workshop

Why have I been so quiet lately? Well, a few reasons, but perhaps the best is that I was preparing for my role as tutor teaching my first bag making workshop which was yesterday at Darn it and Stitch in Oxford.

These are the samples of the bag that I designed for the session...

..and here are some action shots of the workshop in progress.

I'm more than a little relieved to say that I think it went really well. Granted, we did run over by about 2 hours (!) but everyone left with a finished bag and even better, they all said that they'd learnt something. I thoroughly enjoyed the whole experience - it was great to spend the day with such a lovely group of ladies, the workshop space at Darn it and Stitch has a great atmosphere, and it was really fabulous to see everyone's bags coming together.

I was on such a massive high last night that for the first time, I didn't cry during X-Factor - no, not one single tear was shed!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Verity,

    Just wanted to say thanks so much for a fab workshop on Saturday! It was great fun, very well taught, and I have a lovely (almost finished) bag to show off - I'll finish it this weekend and send you a photo. Can't get the hang of the self-cover button but will work it out... :-)

    Thanks again, hope you'll do some more workshops soon!

    Sophie

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails